Thank you for your interest in a Bend Park & Recreation facility for your event. Defined below is general information of the space, rates and steps to making a reservation.
Address & Map
18920 Shevlin Park Road, Bend, OR 97701
View Larger Map
Aspen Hall’s idyllic setting and spacious grounds are a wonderful venue for events from meetings to weddings. The hall has a lodge-like feel with tiled floors, exposed beams, large wood burning fireplace and wood framed windows. The large, spacious kitchen makes it easy to handle food preparation and limited cooking of large meals. The main hall can comfortably accommodate up to 150 guests.
There is a large, paver patio with a few picnic tables overlooking the pond, a grassy lawn and pathways. In this quiet, serene setting, you won’t believe you’re only four miles from downtown Bend.
Length - 60’ Width - 44’ Ceiling height - Vaulted Total sq. ft. - 2640’
Capacity and Furniture
• There are 150 chairs and 25 banquet tables (8’ x 2.5’ ft) which are included in the rental and stored onsite.
• Renters are responsible for set-up and takedown of chairs and tables. Visitors are expected to return the facility to pre-event layout and cleanliness standards.
• Renters can bring their own AV equipment to use in the space during the rental time.
Availability and Hours
• Weekdays: Monday through Thursday 8:00 am – 10:00 pm
• Weekends: Friday, Saturday and Sunday 9:00 am – 11:00 pm
• The building must be vacated by 11:30 pm.
• Aspen Hall can be reserved up to 18 months in advance
Food and Beverage
• BPRD does not provide supplies including utensils, coffee, and other meeting materials.
• Renters supply their own dishes, cups, napkins and utensils. We encourage the use of recycled and sustainable products.
• Renters are welcome to have their meeting or event catered by the business of their choice.
• Alcohol may be served and require the following:
- An alcohol permit issued by BPRD on behalf of the City of Bend (cost $5)
- An insurance policy of $1 million. This is generally a supplemental insurance policy to a privately insured person.
- Adherence to OLCC and City of Bend regulations.
Kitchen amenities include: electric, commercial double oven; six stove-top burners; one 24’x24’ grill top; double sinks with stainless steel counter, two 30” x 8’ counter tables, one 30” x 8’ counter table on casters, large refrigerator, standard freezer, ice machine and a small microwave. A large propane barbecue is located outside the kitchen.
Fireplace can be used for your event or meeting. Firewood is located outside the hall. Renters will need to bring kindling, matches and paper.
BPRD reserves the right to deny reservations. Events or reservations that conflict with the Bend Park & Recreation District mission or values may be denied.
To arrange for a personalized tour of the space, please contact customer service at (541) 389-7275. We can meet you at the location and walk through the space and answer any of your questions to plan your perfect event.
To compare cost of this facility with other BPRD rental facilities, click here
Fees, Deposits and Insurance
1. A payment of $250 per daily use is due at the time of reservation. This will be applied toward the rental fee.
2. The balance of rental fee is due 30 days prior to the event. If a reservation is made less than 30 days before the event, payment for the deposit and rental are due at the time of reservation.
3. If you need to cancel, refunds will be issued as follows:
- Full refund: Notice of cancellation is 6-12 months prior to the event;
- Half refund: Notice of cancellation is 3-6 months prior to the event;
- No refund: Cancellation less than 3 months prior to the event.
4. A facility deposit of $500 is required 30 days before your event. The deposit is fully reimbursable if the facility and BPRD rules and regulations are followed. If damage occurs in excess of the deposit, the renter agrees to reimburse the district for all repairs. Failure to reimburse the district for loss or damage will result in forfeiture of future rental rights.
5. Cleaning deposits will be refunded following the event when keys are returned, the facility is cleaned to specifications set by the district and no damage is done to the facility or surrounding grounds.
Reservations may be made by people 18 and over unless alcohol is being served and then you must be 21 years of age. The person completing the rental application must be present during the entire rental period. Renters of BPRD facilities are legally responsible for activities in and around the facility during use, including damage to the facilities or injury to participants. Renters must provide a $1 million liability insurance policy certificate. If alcohol is going to be served, renters must obtain an alcohol permit issued by BPRD on behalf of the City of Bend Police and provide an additional rider with the $1 million liability insurance.
Steps to Making a Reservation:
Note: Aspen Hall reservations can be made 18 months in advance.
1. Look at the rental calendar to determine availability. Click here
2. Click on the date you are requesting.
3. Sign in or create an account.
4. Complete the request form. Facility and date will be selected, please enter begin & end times, headcount, purpose and special comments. Please include contact numbers and the best time to call in the special comments.
5. Click on Submit Your Request. You can print a copy if desired. NOTE: This does NOT confirm your reservation.
6. Customer service will contact you within 48 hours and confirm the reservation. You will secure your rental by making a payment of $250.
General Rules & Regulations for BPRD Rental Facilities
Set Up, Decorations & Floor Care
• Items may be attached to the wall with blue painters tape only. Please do not use staples, nails or tacks on wood surfaces, walls or floors.
• Please do not slide tables across floors as it may cause scratches on tile or hardwood.
• Visitors are expected to return the facility to pre-event layout and cleanliness standards. A check-off list defining cleaning expectations will be provided at the time of final payment or key pick up. Cleaning supplies are available onsite.
• All rental items (catering, decorations, event supplies, etc.) must be out of the facility at the end of the event. Catering supplies may be left outside the building for early morning pick up by a caterer.
Tents and Canopies
• Tents and canopies may be set up on the patio and/or adjacent lawn must be anchored by water barrels or sand bags. Please DO NOT insert stakes in the ground without prior irrigation located.
• Please make arrangements for irrigation locate by a park and recreation employee, call the district office (541) 389-7275 one week prior to your event.
Parking and Accessibility
• The parking lot is shared by park, trail and facility users. The remaining space near the facility is a loading zone and fire/emergency zone and must not be used for event parking.
• Please respect appropriate handicapped parking spots and designated fire lane.
• Access to the facility is paved and the restrooms are handicap accessible.
Use of the Fireplace
• Firewood is located outside the hall near the fireplace. Renters will need to bring kindling (or an ax to split their own), matches and paper. Do not split wood on the decks or inside the hall. Please replace fireplace tools to their hanging positions. Open the flue doors before starting a fire by pulling the flue toward you.
• Candles - Battery operated candles are encouraged. Candles or flaming producing devices are not allowed on the premises with the exception of Sterno fuel containers when used to heat catering dishes and only when the table or countertop is protected from heat or flame.
• Garbage and Recycling - Garbage and recycling service is provided. Debris and recycling must be removed from the facility and placed in dumpsters and/or recycling containers provided on site.
• Amplified Sound and Noise - Music may be played inside the building only so to respect the surrounding neighbors and area. Music may be restricted should it conflict with other park or area reservations or building use.
• Tobacco - Bend Park & Recreation parks and facilities are tobacco-free. Tobacco products of any kind are not allowed in the facility or park.
• Animals - Except for service animals, animals are prohibited in the facility except by special permit.
• Aspen Hall has an onsite caretaker to assist with any last minute questions or needs during your event.
If you have further questions, please call the customer service staff at any of our locations:
District Office: (541) 389-7275
Juniper Swim & Fitness Center: (541 ) 389-7665
Bend Senior Center: (541) 388-1133