Riverbend Community Room
Thank you for your interest in a Bend Park & Recreation facility for your event. Defined below is general information of the space, rates and steps to making a reservation.
Address and Map
799 SW Columbia, Bend, OR 97702
View Larger Map
The Riverbend Community Room is located at the Bend Park & Recreation District Administrative office. This room has vaulted ceilings, carpeted floors and a counter with sink. Full length windows and doors on the south wall open out onto an inviting plaza. Facility rental includes: the community room, restroom access and exterior plaza area. The building lobby and an adjacent conference room may be reserved during evenings and weekend rentals. Room rental does not include use of the park or the picnic shelter unless reserved separately.
Length – 50’ Width – 36’ Ceiling height – Vaulted Total sq. ft. – 1800’
Capacity, Furniture and Audio Visual
Total capacity is 150 people with all available spaces being utilized.
• Capacity – community room 80; conference room 14; capacity – lobby and plaza 50.
• There are 70 chairs and 22 rectangle tables (6’ x 2’ ft.) which are included in the rental and stored onsite.
• Renters are responsible for set-up and takedown of chairs and tables.
• White board and screen are available. Renters can bring their own AV equipment to use in the space during the rental time.
Availability and Hours
• Weekdays: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 8:00 am – 9:00 pm (not available on Wednesdays)
• Weekends: Friday, Saturday and Sunday 8:00 am – 9:00 pm
• The building must be vacated by 10:00 pm.
• The lobby is not available for use during BPRD business hours (Mon-Fri 8:00 am – 5:00pm). Renters may have access to the lobby after 5:00 pm.
• Riverbend Community Room reservations can be made for 3 months in advance.
Food and Beverage
• There is a small sink and counter in the room however there are no kitchen facilities.
• BPRD does not provide supplies including utensils, coffee, and other meeting materials.
• Renters supply their own dishes, cups, napkins and utensils. We encourage the use of recycled and sustainable products.
• Renters are welcome to have their meeting or event catered by the business of their choice.
• Alcohol may be served and require the following:
– An alcohol permit issued by BPRD on behalf of the City of Bend
– Certificate of $2 million general liability insurance per occurrence. This is generally a supplemental insurance policy to a privately insured person.
– Adherence to OLCC and City of Bend regulations.
• Alcohol is not permitted on building property during business hours. It may be brought into the facility after 5:00 pm.
• The kiosk and plants in the lobby may not be moved.
• Furniture may be temporarily moved as long as it is repositioned to the original location after an event.
BPRD reserves the right to deny reservations. Events or reservations that conflict with the Bend Park & Recreation District mission or values may be denied.
To arrange for a personalized tour of the space, please contact customer service at (541) 389-7275. We can meet you at the location and walk through the space and answer any of your questions to plan your perfect event.
To compare cost of this facility with other BPRD rental facilities, click here.
Click here to look at a calendar for availability
Fees, Deposits and Insurance
1. A payment of $250 per daily use is due at the time of reservation. This will be applied toward the rental fee.
2. The balance of rental fee is due 30 days prior to the event. If a reservation is made less than 30 days before the event, payment for the deposit and rental are due at the time of reservation.
3. If you need to cancel, refunds will be issued as follows:
– Full refund: Notice of cancellation is 6-12 months prior to the event;
– Half refund: Notice of cancellation is 3-6 months prior to the event;
– No refund: Cancellation less than 3 months prior to the event.
4. A security cleaning deposit of $500 is required 30 days before your event. The deposit is fully reimbursable if the facility and BPRD rules and regulations are followed. If damage occurs in excess of the deposit, the renter agrees to reimburse the district for all repairs. Failure to reimburse the district for loss or damage will result in forfeiture of future rental rights.
5. Security cleaning deposits will be refunded following the event when keys are returned, the facility is cleaned to specifications set by the district and no damage is done to the facility or surrounding grounds.
Reservations may be made by people 18 and over unless alcohol is being served and then you must be 21 years of age. The person completing the rental application must be present during the entire rental period. Renters of BPRD facilities are legally responsible for activities in and around the facility during use, including damage to the facilities or injury to participants. Renters must provide a $2 million general liability insurance per occurrence. If alcohol is going to be served, renters must obtain an alcohol permit issued by BPRD on behalf of the City of Bend Police and provide an additional rider on the insurance certificate.
Steps to Making a Reservation:
Note: Riverbend Community Room reservations can be made 3 months in advance.
1. Look at the rental calendar to determine availability. Click here
2. Click on the date you are requesting.
3. Sign in or create an account.
4. Complete the request form. Facility and date will be selected, please enter begin & end times, headcount, purpose and special comments. Please include contact numbers and the best time to call in the special comments.
5. Click on Submit Your Request. You can print a copy if desired. NOTE: This does NOT confirm your reservation.
6. Customer service will contact you within 48 hours and confirm the reservation. You will secure your rental by making a payment of $250.
General Rules and Regulations for BPRD Rental Facilities
Set Up, Decorations and Floor Care
• Items may be attached to the wall with blue painters tape only. Please do not use staples, nails or tacks on wood surfaces, walls or floors.
• Portable dance floors are not allowed inside the Riverbend Community room.
• Visitors are expected to return the facility to pre-event layout and cleanliness standards. A check-off list defining cleaning expectations will be provided at the time of final payment or key pick up.
• Cleaning supplies are available onsite.
• All rental items (catering, decorations, event supplies, etc.) must be out of the facility at the end of the event. Catering supplies may be left outside the building for early morning pick up by a caterer.
Tents and Canopies
• Tents and canopies may be set up on the patio must be anchored by water barrels or sand bags. Please do not insert stakes in the ground without prior irrigation located.
• Please make arrangements for irrigation locate by a park and recreation employee, call the district office (541) 389-7275 one week prior to your event.
Parking and Accessibility
• The parking lot is shared by park, trail and facility users. Overflow parking is available across the street in the Old Mill District. Please respect appropriate handicapped parking spots and designated fire lane. Access to the room is paved and the restrooms are handicap accessible.
• Riverbend room reservations will be coordinated with other area events to help facilitate adequate parking and public access.
• Candles – Battery operated candles are encouraged. Candles or flaming producing devices are not allowed on the premises with the exception of Sterno fuel containers when used to heat catering dishes and only when the table or countertop is protected from heat or flame.
• Garbage and Recycling – Garbage and recycling service is provided. Debris and recycling must be removed from the facility and placed in dumpsters and/or recycling containers provided on site.
• Amplified Sound and Noise – Music may be played inside the building only so to respect the surrounding neighbors and area. Music may be restricted should it conflict with other park or area reservations or building use.
• Tobacco – Bend Park & Recreation parks and facilities are tobacco-free. Tobacco products of any kind are not allowed in the facility or park.
• Animals – Except for service animals, animals are prohibited in the facility except by special permit.
If you have further questions, please call the customer service staff at any of our locations:
District Office: (541) 389-7275
Juniper Swim & Fitness Center: (541) 389-7665
Bend Senior Center: (541) 388-1133