Check our current offerings in: Youth Enrichment
Whether your child is looking for an adventure or an opportunity to learn new skills our enrichment programs are as varied as the youth we serve. Depending upon your child’s age they may choose from Art, Tae Kwon Do, Horseback Riding, Ice Skating, Spanish, Skateboarding, After School Orchestra, Theatre or Cheerleading.
Check our current offerings: Teen Enrichment
Teens are always looking for what’s new or on the cutting edge. We provide opportunities for challenge, adventure and exploration in a safe, guided environment. Depending upon your teen’s age they may choose from Rock Climbing, Skateboarding, Fencing, Cooking, Art, Hip Hop, Theatre, Horseback Riding, Cheerleading, or Ice Skating.
Check our current offerings: Adult Enrichment
Whether you are interested in expanding your knowledge, meeting new people, doing something active, or all of the above, we’ve got lots of great choices for you.
Check our current offerings: Youth Outdoor
Check current offering in: Youth Outdoor Camps
Our youth outdoor programs include a variety of outdoor activities. All programs are a great way to make new friends, stay in shape, and explore and enjoy Central Oregon’s fantastic landscape.
Check our current offerings: Adult Outdoor
Our adult outdoor programs include hiking, cycling, kayaking, canoeing, snow shoeing, cross country skiing and several multi-day adventure trips. All programs are a great way to make new friends, stay in shape, and explore and enjoy Central Oregon’s fantastic landscape.
Art, Crafts & Cooking
Check our current offerings: Arts, Crafts & Cooking
We have a variety of art classes, many offered through partners such as the Art Station. These include painting, drawing, clay workshops, sculpture and more.
Fitness & Wellness
Check our current registration class offerings: Fitness & Wellness
Try one of our great physical and wellness activities such as Women’s Self Defense, Fencing or Karate.
Check our current offerings: Parenting
Need a little help? We partner with some wonderful organizations to help give you tools for parenting. Some class offerings include: Effective Discipline, How to Talk So Kids Will Listen, or a series on Parent Education.
Check our current offerings: Education / How-to Classes
Everything from Wine Tasting to Digital Photography. Pick up one of our program guides or download it here for exact descriptions.
Free Summer Youth Progams:
Part of our mission is to keep recreation accessible to everyone and that includes financially, too.
Every season, we offer activities, programs and events at no cost to participants. The opportunities allow kids and families to have fun, but it’s also a chance for people to get active, try something new and connect with the community.
So, take a look at all our freebies and get out and about, cost-free!
- All ages
- Saturday, 6/18
- 10:00 am – 12:30 pm
- Ponderosa Park, Picnic Shelter/Pavilion
Do you want to hold a guinea pig, pet a chicken or feed a rabbit? Whether you are interested in 4-H or want to learn more about small animals stop by and learn from experts. This hands-on experience will open your eyes to the joys of owning a small animal and the opportunities it brings.
Days of Play: Crafts • Games • Sports • Play
- Ages: 4 – 10
- Every weekday, 6/27 – 8/19
The Bend Park and Recreation Foundation is proud to present Days of Play for its twentieth summer – providing children in our community the opportunity to participate in crafts, water play, field games, sports activities and much more. Come enjoy these great recreational activities at no cost. All the Days of Play parks are also Bend-La Pine School District summer lunch program locations, too!
- Orchard Park: Mondays, 1:00 – 3:30 pm, 6/27 – 8/15 (No program 7/4)
- Pilot Butte Park: Tuesdays, 9:30 am – 12:00 pm, 6/28 – 8/ 16
- Harmon Park: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 1:00 – 3:30 pm, 6/28 – 8/ 18
- Larkspur Park: Wednesdays, 1:00 – 3:30 pm, 6/29 – 8/17
- Sun Meadow Park: Thursdays, 9:30 am – 12:00 pm, 6/30 – 8/18
- Al Moody Park: Fridays, 1:00 – 3:30 pm, 7/1 – 8/19
Note: This program may be canceled without prior notice due to bad weather. Days of Play is not a daycare program and should not be used as such. Every child under the age of 8 must be accompanied by a person over the age of 16. This program does not require registration. Children may come and go as they wish. Because of the popularity of this program, take-home activities will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis and limited to one per child.
Discover Nature Days: Presented by the Children’s Forest of Central Oregon Partners
- Ages: 5 – 10
- Thursdays, 7/14 – 8/18
- 11:00 am – 12 noon
Bring your family to a different park each week for an interactive experience and learn, play and have fun in nature!
- 7/14: Ponderosa Park – “What’s all the BUZZ About?” presented by Discover Your Forest. Meet and Greet the local buzzing, burrowing, and creeping bugs of our forests through science activities, stories, and games.
- 7/21: Hollygrape Park – Birds of Prey presented by High Desert Museum. Experience an up-close encounter with a raptor, learn about its amazing adaptations, and play a game about bird migration.
- 7/28: Sawyer Park – Amphibious Adventure! presented by Sunriver Nature Center. Jump into the wet and wild world of your favorite amphibian! We’ll explore the life of frogs and their relationship with wetland ecosystems.
- 8/4: Hollinshead Park – The Invisible Tracker presented by Wildheart Nature School. Learn how to walk like an invisible fox, the science of bird language, and the art of being undetected while tracking in nature!
- 8/11: Shevlin Park – Watery Wonders presented by Upper Deschutes Watershed Council. Explore the watery wonders of Tumalo Creek, collect and identify stream critters, and learn about what makes a healthy stream.
- 8/18: Sun Meadow Park – Predators and Prey with The Environmental Center. Have fun learning about the diverse animals that call Central Oregon home through exciting games and interactive science activities!
Learn more about Discover Nature Days happening throughout Central Oregon at childrensforestco.org/discover-nature-days.
Art in the Parks – FREE
- Ages: 5 – 12
Join the Art Station and local artists to learn about the natural colors, textures and patterns that occur in our environment. You’ll be inspired by nature’s beauty and other artists to create a masterpiece. Every child under the age of 8 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Tuesdays: 10:30 – 11:30 am
- 7/12: Larkspur Park
- 7/19: Orchard Park
- 7/26: Sun Meadow Park
- 8/2: Harmon Park
- 8/9: Al Moody Park