Schedules & Standings
If you are already on a team click this link to view current sports team schedules and standings.
Bend Youth Track & Field Meet - FREE
Previously held as Hershey’s Track & Field Games
- Wednesday, June 8, 2016
- Location: Bend Senior High School Track
- 2016 Girls Results
- 2016 Boys Results
Celebrating the spirit of track and field competition, the Bend Park & Recreation District is hosting the Bend Youth Track and Field Meet on Wednesday, June 8th at the Bend Senior High School track.
Previously held as the Hershey’s Track and Field Games, the event is open to boys and girls born in 2002 through 2009 and free to all participants. The meet features 50, 100, 200 and 400 meter dashes, 800 and 1500 meter runs, the standing long jump and the turbo javelin.
(Register at 4:00pm, Begin at 4:00pm)
Standing Long Jump (Eligible participants birth years: 2002–2009)
Turbo Javelin (Eligible participants birth years: 2002–2009)
(Register at 4:00–5:15pm, Begin at 5:30pm)
50 Meter Dash (Eligible participants birth years: 2006–2009)
100 Meter Dash (Eligible participants birth years: 2002–2009)
200 Meter Dash (Eligible participants birth years: 2002–2009)
400 Meter Dash (Eligible participants birth years: 2002–2007)
800 Meter Dash (Eligible participants birth years: 2002–2005)
Mile (Eligible participants birth years: 2002–2005)
Held each spring for thirty-nine years, the event has hosted thousands of local children, even Olympic gold medal decathlete, Ashton Eaton.
Competitors may pre-register at the district office now through Tuesday, June 7th or register on-site at the event from 4:00 – 5:15 pm on June 8th. A birth certificate is required at the time of registration.
Track spikes and/or shoes designed for spikes are not allowed.
For additional information, contact Rich Ekman, BPRD Sports Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (541) 706-6126.
ASA Fast Pitch Bend Showdown – Summer 2015:
Schedule and entry form – to be posted soon
For more information, contact Greg Brady, email@example.com or 541-706-6124.
Check the tournament schedule above to learn where and when softball tournaments are.
Free Youth Fishing Event
- Ages 17 and under
- Location: Pine Nursery Park
- Saturday, May 16th
- Time: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Join the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife and the Bend Park and Recreation District for this FREE youth fishing event. ODFW staff and volunteers will be on hand to help young anglers learn to bait a hook, cast a rod and land their catch. Loaner rods, reels and tackle available. The pond will be stocked with rainbow trout before the event.
Annual Jason Freiboth Fish Day
- Ages: 5 – 10
- Location: Shevlin Park, 18920 Shevlin Park Rd
- Wednesday, May 20th
- Time: 6:15 – 8:00 pm
- This clinic includes instruction, equipment, and FUN! The pond at Shevlin Park will be stocked with trout andvolunteers will be on hand with donated equipment to help the kids and their families learn about fishing. A parent or other adult must attend and participate with the child.
- Fee: $4 in-district / $5 out-of-district / Program: 203620
Fly Fishing Camp
- Monday, June 15 – Wednesday, June 17: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Location: Shevlin Park
- Ages: 10 – 14
- The Central Oregon Fly Fishers Club will teach various fly casts, techniques and strategies, fly tying and safe wading. Fee: $49 in-district, $59 out-of-district / Program: 203625.
Fly Casting for Beginners
- Mondays and Wednesdays, May 18 – June 3: 6:30 – 8:30 pm
- Sunday, June 7: 3:00 – 7:00 pm
- Location: Hollinshead Barn, Pine Nursery Park & Upper Deschutes River
- Ages: All Adults
- Designed for novice fly casters. Includes knots, entomology, fly selection, learning to read water and casting practice. If needed, equipment will be provided.
- Fee: $72 in-district, $86 out-of-district / Program: 208939
Summer Tennis Tournaments
2016 Summer Tennis Tournaments
- Collier Cup – Junior, Champ and Challenger, July 8-10
- Collier Cup – Adult, July 29-31
Bend Park & Recreation hosts many different sporting events throughout the year. Check here for schedules and registration information.
For sports field events such as sports tournaments, please contact Kevin Collier, Recreation Center Supervisor, at (541) 706-6196 or firstname.lastname@example.org