Sports Events and Schedules
Bend Park & Recreation hosts many different sporting events throughout the year. Check here for schedules and registration information.
Sports Team Schedules
If you are already on a team click this link to view current sports team schedules.
2013 ASA Fast Pitch Bend Showdown - Summer 2013:
For more information, contact Greg Brady, email@example.com or 541-706-6124.
Check the tournament schedule above to learn where and when softball tournaments are.
Hershey's Track & Field Games:
Held Wednesday, June 5th at Bend High Track, this year's Hershey's Track & Field Games was another great event!
- 79 Long Jumpers Jumping
- 78 Softball Throwers Throwing
- 277 Racers Running in 56 total races
- 40 volunteers working hard, sweating and motivating kids
- And 100’s of smiles on the faces of kids that participated, hopefully inspiring them to continue recreating this summer!!!
Participants competed against their own gender in three age groups, 1999-2000, 2001-2002 and 2003-2004. Participants were able to compete in up to three different events of their choice and combine field and running events.
Ribbons were awarded to all participants and event winners qualified for state competition set for Saturday, July 6th at Hayward Field on the University of Oregon campus in Eugene, OR. State winners may qualify for the National Finals Meet to be held in Hershey, Pennsylvania on August 3rd.
We had a great turnout with 182 kids participating! But since we don’t evaluate our programs by numbers only, but rather by the recreational experience we provide those who choose to participate, we noticed a good time was had by all those kids, their families and spectating fans alike. Thank you to everyone who participated and/or helped at the meet. We look forward to seeing you next year!
Event results (PDFs):
- 2013 Hershey's Track & Field Games Results - Boys
- 2013 Hershey's Track & Field Games Results - Girls
If you should need more information on the meet, contact Rich Ekman, firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-706-6126.
Ahtletes Compete at Hershey's Track & Field Oregon State Finals: Saturday, July 6th, 2013
Over 400 local champion boys and girls ages 9-14 years old from over forty cities around Oregon competed at the 36th Annual Hershey's Track and Field Oregon State Finals on Saturday, July 6th at Hayward Field in Eugene.
All first place marks (times and distances) from the meet will be submitted to the Regional Chairperson. The child with the best mark in each event/age group from Region 3 (Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Alaska, British Columbia & Yukon Territory) will have the opportunity to be selected for the Pacific Northwest Regional Team, which will go to the National Meet held August 1-4 in Hershey, Pennsylvania. The Regional team will be announced July 15.
Event results (PDF):
Hershey's Track & Field Games Oregon State Finals Results
Free Youth Fishing Events
- Ages 17 and under
- Saturday, May 11 - Pine Nursery Pond
- Thursday, June 27 - Shevlin Park Pond
- Time: 9:00 am - 12 Noon each day
Join the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife and the Bend Park and Recreation District for these FREE youth fishing events. ODFW staff and volunteers will be on hand to help young anglers learn to bait a hook, cast a rod and land their catch. Loaner rods, reels and tackle available. The pond will be stocked with rainbow trout before the events.
Annual Jason Freiboth Fish Day
- Ages: 5 - 10
- Location: Shevlin Park, 18920 Shevlin Park Rd
- Wednesday, May 22nd from 6:15 - 8:00 pm
- Session # 203620.01
- This clinic includes instruction, equipment, and FUN! The pond at Shevlin Park will be stocked with trout andvolunteers will be on hand with donated equipment to help the kids and their families learn about fishing. A parent or other adult must attend and participate with the child.
- Fee: $3 ID $4 OD
2013 Summer Tennis Tournaments
- Spring Tennis Classic - Adult NTRP Events: June 21 - 23
- Collier Cup Junior Challenger Events: July 12 - 14, Adult NTRP events, July 26 - 28