Sports Events and Schedules
Bend Park & Recreation hosts many different sporting events throughout the year. Check here for schedules and registration information.
Sports Team Schedules
If you are already on a team click this link to view current sports team schedules.
2013 ASA Fast Pitch Bend Showdown - Summer 2013
ASA Tournament Schedule - downloadable PDF
ASA Tournament Application Form - downloadable PDF
14 Under "Open" Bracket for May 18th Showdown Tournament - downloadable PDF
For more information, contact Greg Brady, firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-706-6124.
Check the tournament schedule above to learn where and when softball tournaments are.
Hershey's Track & Field Games: Wednesday, June 5th
Scheduled for Wednesday, June 5th at Bend High Track, this year's Hershey's Track & Field Games promises another great event!
Open to boys and girls born in 1999 through 2004, this national program is free to all participants and features 50, 100, 200 and 400 meter dashes, 4x100 meter relay, 800 and 1600 meter runs, the standing long jump and the softball throw.
Participants will compete against their own gender in three age groups, 1999-2000, 2001-2002 and 2003-2004. Competitors may pre-register at the district office now through Tuesday, June 4th or register on-site at the event from 4:00 - 5:15 pm on June 5th. A birth certificate is required at the time of registration.
Field events (long jump and softball throw) begin at 4:00 pm and running events begin at 5:30 pm. Participants may compete in up to three different events of their choice and can combine field and running events. Track spikes and/or shoes designed for spikes are not allowed.
Ribbons will be awarded to all participants and event winners qualify for state competition set for Saturday, July 6th at Hayward Field on the University of Oregon campus in Eugene, OR. State winners may qualify for the National Finals Meet to be held in Hershey, Pennsylvania on August 3rd.
Last year's had a great turnout with 215 kids participating - third highest in the last ten years! But since we don’t evaluate our programs by numbers only, but rather by the recreational experience we provide those who choose to participate, we noticed a good time was had by all those kids, their families and spectating fans alike. We're looking forward to this year's eva smashing success.Thank you to everyone who participated and/or helped at the meet. We look forward to seeing you this year!
Event information and forms (PDFs):
- 2013 Hershey's Track & Field Games Flyer
- 2013 Hershey's Track & Field Games Entry Form
- 2013 Hershey's Track & Field Games Schedule
In the meantime, if you should need more information on the meet, contact Rich Ekman, email@example.com or 541-706-6126.
2012 Hershey's Track & Field Games Stats:
- Wednesday, May 30th at Bend High School Track
- For boys and girls, ages 9 to 14 years old.
- Free event
- 1st place finishers in each category will advance to the state finals.
- View 2012 Hershey Track Meet Results
- 46 Meet Volunteers
- 215 participants: 110 boys/105 girls
- 104 standing long jumpers jumping
- 70 softball throwers throwing
- 320 racers racing in 56 total races
- And, most importantly,
100’s of smiles on the faces of the kids that participated.
Hershey's Track & Field Oregon State Finals: Saturday, July 6th, 2013
Last year's event was another great one! Nearly 400 local champion 9 - 14 year olds from 70 cities around the state of Oregon competed in the 35th annual Hershey’s Track and Field Oregon State Finals on Saturday, July 7th at Hayward Field in Eugene. View 2012 Hershey's Track & Field Oregon State Finals Results (PDF)
All first place marks (times or distances) from Saturday’s Oregon State Finals will be submitted to the Regional Chair. The child with the best mark in each event/age group/gender from the region 3 (Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, British Columbia , Alberta, Northwest Territories and the Yukon) will have the opportunity to compete at the Hershey’s Track and Field Games North American Finals.
Free Youth Fishing Events
- Ages 17 and under
- Saturday, May 11 - Pine Nursery Pond
- Thursday, June 27 - Shevlin Park Pond
- Time: 9:00 am - 12 Noon each day
Join the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife and the Bend Park and Recreation District for these FREE youth fishing events. ODFW staff and volunteers will be on hand to help young anglers learn to bait a hook, cast a rod and land their catch. Loaner rods, reels and tackle available. The pond will be stocked with rainbow trout before the events.
Annual Jason Freiboth Fish Day
- Ages: 5 - 10
- Location: Shevlin Park, 18920 Shevlin Park Rd
- Wednesday, May 22nd from 6:15 - 8:00 pm
- Session # 203620.01
- This clinic includes instruction, equipment, and FUN! The pond at Shevlin Park will be stocked with trout andvolunteers will be on hand with donated equipment to help the kids and their families learn about fishing. A parent or other adult must attend and participate with the child.
- Fee: $3 ID $4 OD
2013 Summer Tennis Tournaments
- Spring Tennis Classic - Adult NTRP Events: June 21 - 23
- Collier Cup Junior Challenger Events: July 12 - 14, Adult NTRP events, July 26 - 28