Come celebrate our country’s independence at the July 4th Pet Parade and Old Fashioned Festival, long-time Bend traditions and signature Bend Park & Recreation District events.
As Bend’s largest parade, the Pet Parade has been held since 1932 and kicks off another fun-filled July 4th at 10:00 a.m., downtown. Everyone is welcome to participate and no registration is necessary. The decorating party and lineup begin at 9:00 a.m. on Wall Street in front of the Bend-LaPine School Education Center at 520 NW Wall St. Bring your leashed pet (sorry, no rabbits, cats or aggressive dogs) or favorite stuffed animal, plenty of water, pet clean-up bags and your bike, trike or wagon. Bend Park & Recreation will provide decorations, keepsake buttons and popsicles for the kids. Commercial signage, floats, solicitation, motorized vehicles and distribution of anything to spectators are prohibited.
After the parade, the fun continues at Drake Park with the Old Fashioned July 4th Festival. Kids and adults alike can enjoy free old-fashioned games and the Kids & Family Fun Area. There will also be live music featuring favorite local bands, a variety of food booths, a festive photo booth and over 100 artisan booths.
Downtown road closures take place from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm. Alternative transportation is encouraged and there will be a free bike valet area in Drake Park near the permanent restrooms. Riverside Blvd. will be closed from 6:30 am to 5:30 pm. If you need to drive, free weekend parking is available in the parking garage on Lava Street or near Harmon Park.
For the parade route and additional information, visit www.bendparksandrec.org or call Bend Park & Recreation District at (541) 389-7275.
Please see below for the activities at a glance.
July 4th Pet Parade – Downtown Bend
Sponsored by Bend Pet Express and presented by the Bend Kiwanis Club
- A community tradition since the 1930’s – now designated as a Oregon Heritage Tradition
- All ages welcome.
- Come dressed in costume with your pet or stuffed animal on pulled wagons, bikes or trikes.
- No registration necessary.
- Kids receive a keepsake and popsicle.
- Pets must be leashed – be responsible for and clean up after your pet.
- No rabbits, cats or aggressive dogs.
- If you have large animals, please arrive early.
- Cyclists and equestrians wear your helmets.
- Please do not give away animals.
- No solicitation, commercial floats, motorized vehicles, motorcycles or distribution of anything to spectators.
- Decorating Party & Parade Line Up: 9:00 am, Parade Begins: 10:00 am
- Lineup is on Wall Street in front of the Bend LaPine School Dist. Admin Building
- ADA spectator areas are located on Wall street in front of the CC McKenzie store and on Lava and Minnesota. Parking is recommended in the Parking Garage.
- Downtown streets along the parade route will close at 9:15 am. Please arrive early.
July 4th Old Fashioned Festival – Drake Park
Presented by Zolo – Central Oregon’s KOHD/ABC & KBNZ/CBS
Pancake Breakfast: 8:00 – 11:00 am
Presented by the Sunrise Lions Club
Live Music & Entertainment – Pavilion Main Stage: 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
Hosted by Zolo Media and presented by Subaru of Bend
11:00 National Anthem Bella Acappella
11:10 Juniper Swim & Fitness Dance party
11:30 Popcorn trio
12:30 Smokey Bear & Friends
2:00 2nd Annual Pie Eating Contest
2:30 The Gambler & The Thief
3:30 Pie Eating Contest-Final Heat
Old Fashioned Games: 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
Sponsored by Bend Kiwanis Club and hosted by Juniper Swim & Fitness Center
3-Legged Race, Gunny Sack Race, Parachute Play, Hula Hoop Contest, Ball Relays, Water Balloon Toss, Sponge Relay, Watermelon Eating Contest
Kids & Family Fun Area: 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
Sponsored by The Law Offices of Warren John West, P.C.
- Festive photo booth for free photos – presented by Bigfoot Beverages
- The Fish Fling – presented by Desert Orthopedics
- Flush-a-Duck – presented by Central Oregon Disaster Relief
- Helicopter Landing at 11:30 am in Harmon Park – presented by AirLink
And fun and games with The Bend Fire Department, Deschutes National Forest, Central Oregon Prospectors Association, Life Flight Network, Epikos Church, The Humane Society of Central Oregon, Fences for Fido, Neighbor Impact, The Rotary Club of Bend, Central Oregon Aerial Arts & more!