Marcoulier Event Room – Bend Senior Center
Thank you for your interest in a Bend Park & Recreation facility for your event. Defined below is general information of the space, rates and steps to making a reservation.
1600 SE Reed Market Rd, Bend, OR 97702
Featuring bright and well-lit event space, the Bend Senior Center is situated within Larkspur Park and offers the Marcoulier Room for large gatherings. This large room has abundant natural light, maple hardwood floors and high ceilings. An adjacent commercial kitchen and patio doors leading to a landscaped patio and natural area make this a functional and attractive location for receptions, dances and events. Larkspur Park is a multi-use park and includes: trees, grass, walking trails, playground, basketball court, restrooms and parking.
Length – 77’ Width – 45’ Ceiling height – 13’ 8” Total sq. ft. – 3,500’Capacity, Furniture and Audio Visual
Capacity for different set ups: Reception – 30 round tables & 240 chairs; Theater – 277 chairs; Classroom – 30 rectangle tables & 90 chairs
• There are 240 chairs. Two sizes of tables to chose from: Round – (30) 60-inch round tables or Rectangle – (30) 6’x 32” banquet tables. These are included in the rental and stored onsite.
• Renters are responsible for set-up and takedown of chairs and tables. Visitors are expected to return the facility to pre-event layout and cleanliness standards.
• Three pull-down projection screens, cordless microphone and cd changer make this a perfect site for presentations and meetings.
• Renters can bring their own AV equipment to use during the rental time.
• Weeknights: Friday 5:00 pm – 10:00 pm
• Weekends: Saturday and Sunday Noon – 10:00 pm
• The building must be vacated by 11:00 pm.
Food and Beverage
• BPRD does not provide supplies including utensils, coffee, and other meeting materials.
• Renters supply their own dishes, cups, napkins and utensils. We encourage the use of recycled and sustainable products.
• Renters are welcome to have their meeting or event catered by the business of their choice.
Alcohol may be served and require the following:
– A certificate of $2 million general liability insurance per occurence. This is generally a supplemental insurance policy to a privately insured person.
– Adherence to OLCC and City of Bend regulations.
• Alcohol is not permitted on building property during business hours. It may be brought into the facility after 5:00 pm.
Full commercial kitchen amenities include: gas range/oven, flat top grill, convection oven, warmer and walk-in refrigerator/freezer, ice machine and dishwasher.
BPRD reserves the right to deny reservations. Events or reservations that conflict with the Bend Park & Recreation District mission or values may be denied.
To arrange for a personalized tour of the space, please contact Customer Service at (541) 388-1133. We can meet you, walk through the space and answer your questions to plan your perfect event.
To compare cost of this facility with other BPRD rental facilities, click here.
Fees, Deposits and Insurance
1. A payment of $250 per daily use is due at the time of reservation. This will be applied toward the rental fee.
2. The balance of rental fee is due 30 days prior to the event. If a reservation is made less than 30 days before the event, payment for the deposit and rental are due at the time of reservation.
3. If you need to cancel, refunds will be issued as follows:
– Full refund: Notice of cancellation is 6-12 months prior to the event;
– Half refund: Notice of cancellation is 3-6 months prior to the event;
– No refund: Cancellation less than 3 months prior to the event.
4. A security cleaning deposit of $500 is required 30 days before your event. The deposit is fully reimbursable if the facility and BPRD rules and regulations are followed. If damage occurs in excess of the deposit, the renter agrees to reimburse the district for all repairs. Failure to reimburse the district for loss or damage will result in forfeiture of future rental rights.
5. Security cleaning deposits will be refunded following the event when keys are returned, the facility is cleaned to specifications set by the district and no damage is done to the facility or surrounding grounds.
Reservations may be made by people 18 and over unless alcohol is being served and then you must be 21 years of age. The person completing the rental application must be present during the entire rental period. Renters of BPRD facilities are legally responsible for activities in and around the facility during use, including damage to the facilities or injury to participants. Renters must provide a certificate of $2 million general liability insurance per occurence. If alcohol is going to be served, renters must obtain an alcohol permit issued by BPRD on behalf of the City of Bend Police and provide an additional rider stating that alcohol will be served on the liability insurance.
Steps to Making a Reservation:
Note: Bend Senior Center Marcoulier Event Room reservations can be made 12 months in advance.
1. Look at the rental calendar to determine availability. Click here
2. Click on the date you are requesting.
3. Sign in or create an account.
4. Complete the request form. Facility and date will be selected, please enter begin & end times, headcount, purpose and special comments. Please include contact numbers and the best time to call in the special comments.
5. Click on Submit Your Request. You can print a copy if desired. NOTE: This does NOT confirm your reservation.
6. Customer service will contact you within 48 hours and confirm the reservation. You will secure your rental by making a payment of $250.
General Rules and Regulations for BPRD Rental Facilities
Bend Senior Center will have an onsite facility manager during your event for any questions, assistance or help to make your event a success.
Set Up, Decorations and Floor Care
• Items may be attached to the wall with blue painters tape only. Please do not use staples, nails or tacks on wood surfaces, walls or floors.
• Please do not slide tables across floors as it may cause scratches on tile or hardwood.
• Visitors are expected to return the facility to pre-event layout and cleanliness standards. A check-off list defining cleaning expectations will be provided at the time of final payment. Cleaning supplies are available onsite.
• All rental items (catering, decorations, event supplies, etc.) must be out of the facility at the end of the event.
Tents and Canopies
• Tents and canopies may be set up on the patio and/or adjacent lawn must be anchored by water barrels or sand bags. Please do not insert stakes in the ground without prior irrigation located. Please make arrangements for irrigation locate by a park and recreation employee, call the district office (541) 389-7275 one week prior to your event.
Parking and Accessibility
• The parking lot is shared by park, trail and facility users. The remaining space near the facility is a loading zone and fire/emergency zone and must not be used for event parking.
• Please respect appropriate handicapped parking spots and designated fire lane.
• Access to the facility is paved and the restrooms are handicap accessible.
• Garbage and Recycling – Garbage and recycling service is provided. Debris and recycling must be removed from the facility and placed in dumpsters and/or recycling containers provided on site.
• Amplified Sound and Noise – Music may be played inside the building only so to respect the surrounding neighbors and area. Music may be restricted should it conflict with other park or area reservations or building use.
• Tobacco – Bend Park & Recreation parks and facilities are tobacco-free. Tobacco products of any kind are not allowed in the facility or park.
• Animals – Except for service animals, animals are prohibited in the facility except by special permit.
Events or reservations that conflict with the Bend Park & Recreation District mission or values may be denied. BPRD reserves the right to deny reservations.
If you have further questions, please call the customer service staff at any of our locations:
District Office: (541) 389-7275
Juniper Swim & Fitness Center: (541) 389-7665
Bend Senior Center: (541) 388-1133