System Development Charges (SDCs) are fees paid by developers on new homes and hotel rooms to help fund the purchase of land and construction of new parks and trails.
These fees ensure that as new residents and visitors are added, everyone can enjoy the same recreational opportunities that the existing community has come to value.
In a place like Bend where population grows quickly, keeping up with that growth is important. Without SDCs, funds would not be available to build new parks or trails. The SDC fees are reviewed each year and adjusted based on an index of current land and construction costs.
- SDC Rates (July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023)
- Ordinance No. 12 – System Development Charge Methodology
- SDC Methodology Report
- SDC Capital Project List (as amended on 10-6-20)
- SDC Waiver for Affordable Housing
- SDC Waiver for Additional Affordable Housing
- Clarifying the Time of SDC Collection
If you have any questions about the district’s SDC’s, please contact: