Parks and trails remain open with the following rules in place. Park restrooms are open.
- Playgrounds, sports courts, exercise equipment and skateparks are closed. This includes pickleball, tennis, basketball, horseshoes and bocce ball courts.
- Walking, running, biking, skating or using a wheelchair or other mobility device while maintaining at least 6 feet between people is allowed.
- Off-leash dog areas, picnic shelters and restrooms remain open.
- Keep at least 6 feet from others for social distancing.
- Wash hands before and after any visit to a park or trail.
- If this is not possible or if you are sick, stay at home – do not use a park or trail.
Distancing on the trails done right. Tips for getting outside for some exercise:
- Use wide trails to stay six feet from others while passing. Skip the narrow singletrack.
- Visit less popular trails at less popular times. Most BPRD trails are open 5 am to 10 pm. If you see many people, go elsewhere or at another time.
- Use trails and paths at nearby parks vs. driving across town or beyond.
- Offer a wide berth when passing and if approaching from behind, say a friendly “hello, passing on your left.”
- Keep your dog on leash. It’s the law in Bend and no one needs a canine scuffle right now.
- Go solo or only with members of your household. No groups.
- While restrooms are open and cleaned regularly, use yours before you leave home.
- Wash your hands before and after a visit.
- If you’re sick, stay home.
Servicing of Parks
Park Services staff continue to regularly clean park restrooms and have installed signage in all restrooms cautioning people to wash hands before leaving the restroom.