Public Places, Parks & Trails
Face coverings are encouraged at all times, indoors and outdoors. Face coverings are required for visitors age 5 and up in all indoor public spaces and outdoor spaces where 6 feet physical distancing cannot be maintained.
Recreation Centers and Fitness Facilities
All visitors 5 years and older entering a BPRD facility must wear a face covering. The face coverings must cover the mouth and nose and must be worn at all times in all indoor spaces, including the covered ice rink and indoor pool areas – except when swimming.
- Face coverings are required when exercising indoors.
- If a medical condition or disability prevents a person from wearing a face covering, let our staff know to consider an accommodation.
- The Oregon Health Authority does not recommend wearing plastic face shields alone. While face shields can be very good at blocking droplets, they are not as good at stopping aerosols that can go around the shield. OHA recommends face shields only be used on a limited basis, for example when talking to someone who is deaf or hard of hearing and needs to read lips to communicate.
- Clear face shields are strongly recommended for water exercise classes.
- Please bring your own mask. A limited supply of disposable masks are available if you forget.
Face Covering Non-Compliance and Exclusions
Both your mouth and nose must be covered at all times except during swimming or water exercise (face shields are recommended during water exercise). If there is non-compliance, staff will provide a reminder, a warning and then exclusion for the day without a refund. This is for everyone’s health and safety. Thank you for wearing your face covering properly.
Learn more about OHA face covering requirements online: https://govstatus.egov.com/or-oha-face-coverings