Therapeutic Recreation Internship Opportunities
The Bend Park and Recreation District offers undergraduate and graduate internships in therapeutic recreation under the supervision of two Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialists.
Internships are offered during the Fall, Winter/Spring, and Summer semesters. Our internships are 14-16 weeks and interns will be required to work 40 hours/week with some overnight trips.
The intern experience will include:
- Hands-on experience with specialized , inclusive, and adapted recreation programs
- Exposure to a wide range of physical and intellectual disabilities
- Exposure to the therapeutic recreation process
- Exposure to various recreation administration duties (e.g., outreach, fundraising, budgeting, marketing, etc)
- Training in most park and recreation program areas (youth, adult, outdoor, senior)
- Experience a wide variety of activities such as adapted skiing, rafting, kayaking, creative arts and exploring Central Oregon’s landscape.
- $50/week Stipend
- Housing in 2 bedroom house
- Discounted district programs
- Juniper Swim and Fitness Pass
- Liability Insurance
- Current First Aid/CPR
- A clean criminal background
- Valid driver’s license with 5 year driving record
- Experience working with people with disabilities
For more information, contact:
To learn more about Bend go to visitbend.com