The Pavilion Kicks Off the Non-Ice Season with Free Play Opportunities
April 15, 2016
April 18 – 22: “Free Play Week” & May 1: “Pavilion Summer Preview”
Bend Park & Recreation District is offering free recreation opportunities at The Pavilion to showcase the many activities that will be available for spring and summer.
The free opportunities start off with “Free Play Week,” Monday, April 18 through Friday, April 22. All ages are welcome to drop in and experience such activities as basketball, volleyball, pickleball, badminton and classic yard games. Skateboarders and scooter riders can try out new skatepark features. Skaters and riders need to bring their own board or scooter and helmet.
The “Free Play Week” schedule is:
- 9:30 am – 1:30 pm: Pickleball, badminton, skatepark features and yard games
- 4:00 – 8:30 pm: Basketball, volleyball, skatepark features and yard games
Topping off the free community fun is “The Pavilion Summer Preview” on Sunday, May 1, from noon to 3:00 pm. Highlighting the facility’s recreation activities, the event is open to all ages and will feature:
- Court sports – basketball, volleyball, pickleball and more
- Lawn games and cornhole
- Skatepark features – bring your skateboard, scooter and helmet
- Live music and facility tours
- Summer program information and registration
There is no need to register and all activities are free. Food and refreshments will be available for purchase. Schedules and additional information are available at www.bendparksandrec.org or (541) 389-7588. The Pavilion is located in southwest Bend at 1001 SW Bradbury Way, off Simpson Avenue.