Winter Storm Update
Jan. 18: 30 schools re-opened. 8 schools remain closed.
BPRD programs will vary. KIDS INC offered at open schools.
Enrichment Wednesdays cancelled at all schools.
Click for more information
Projects and Successes:
- Preserved the Hollinshead property as a community park and historic landmark
- Facilitated the donation of Tillicum Ranch to Bend Park & Recreation District.
- Provided funding for the Ponderosa Skateboard Park
- Purchased and restored the historic Bend Amateur Athletic Club (Old Bend Gym). This facility was given to the Bend Park & Recreation District and is currently rented to The Boys and Girls Club for $1 a year.
- Supporter of the Bend Riverway Project.
- Raised funds to purchase land as a buffer between development and Shevlin Park.
- Funded and built two covered shelters and a playground at Big Sky Sports Park. 70% of the construction was donated by the community.
- Hosted the River Trail Ramble, a community fundraiser supporting development of the Deschutes River trail.
- Funded a series of historic interpretive signs in community parks.
- Raised over $533,000 in community support to help with the construction of Farewell Bend Park.
- Established the Luke Damon Youth Sports Endowment Fund with the Oregon Community Foundation. This fund supports recreation scholarships for people in our community.
- Provided support for the development of the Bend Heroes Memorial Plaza at Brooks Park. This is a memorial for local veterans and first responders.
- Annual host of Gopher Broke Scramble Golf Tournament raising funds for recreation scholarships.
- Supports funding for Bend Park and Recreation District free programs and activities.
- Worked with Bend Pickelball Club as the fiscal sponsor for the development of pickelball courts at Pine Nursery Park.
- Established Access for All fund with Oregon Community Foundation as endowment for recreation scholarships.