The district believes that everyone should have the opportunity to benefit from recreation activities. Financial needs-based assistance is available to qualifying individuals for many fee-based recreation programs. Funding is limited and the district’s goal is to ensure that the most critical services are available to those with the highest need including youth, seniors and individuals with disabilities. Download the application here Needs-Based Application (PDF)
To Apply for Needs-Based Assistance:
- Complete an application at least one week prior to registering for the program.
- Submit the completed application and a copy of your most recent IRS 1040 Income Tax Return to any of the district facilities or mail to Juniper Swim & Fitness Center, 800 NE 6th Street, Bend OR 97701. Unfortunately, we are unable to process the application until all pieces are submitted.
- A staff person will contact you by phone within five (5) business days of receipt of your application to inform you of the status of your application.
- Your portion of the fee will be required at the time of registration.
- Applications are valid for 6 months. You will need to reapply after 6 months. All application materials are kept confidential.
Termination of Needs-Based Assistance Rights
Needs-based assistance recipients who provide false or incomplete eligibility information to the district will immediately lose their financial assistance. Household accounts that have a past due balance for any Bend Park and Recreation District program will not be eligible for needs-based assistance until the balance has been paid in full.