Recreation Scholarship Program
We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to participate in recreation activities. Financial needs-based scholarship assistance is available to qualifying individuals for many recreation programs.
The goal is to remove financial barriers for community members with limited financial resources, including youth, seniors and individuals with disabilities.
In the last year, approximately 700 individuals and families have participated in programs with support that provides safe, enriching activities and contribute to a physically active community.
To Apply for a recreation scholarship:
- Complete an application at least one week prior to registering for the program. Applications are online and at all District facilities. Criteria are updated and streamlined! Individuals and families who qualify for other assistance programs including SNAP, TANF and Oregon Health Plan, can skip duplicative income verification. Share a confirmation letter from another program to qualify for our program.
- Submit the completed application and eligibility documentation to a District facility or mail to Juniper Swim & Fitness Center, 800 NE 6th Street, Bend, OR 97701.
- BPRD staff will contact you by phone within five (5) business days after receipt of application to inform you of the status of your application.
- Your portion of the fee(s) will be required at the time of registration.
- Applications are valid for one (1) year. All application materials are kept confidential.
Questions about eligibility or process are welcomed! Call (541) 389-7275 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Everyone can play.
Additional support with program fees and equipment may be available through funding provided by Bend Park & Recreation Foundation.