Personal Trainer: Sam McGinnis
Years of Experience: 5+
Education, Certifications & Trainings:
- Bachelors of Science – Exercise Science, Summa Cum Laude, Northwest Christian University
- American College of Sports Medicine Certified Personal Trainer
- NASM Corrective Exercise
- Schwinn, Matrix and AFAA Cycling
- Urbankick Cardio Kickboxing
- Internship and work experience in Cardiac Rehab
- Internship and work experience in Physical Therapy (Aide)
- Comprehensive study of Anatomy, Biomechanics, injury prevention, post-rehab programming, strength and conditioning programing for athletic and recreational performance
Training Philosophy: Exercise is enjoyable, freeing, and therapeutic to me – it allows our bodies to perform as they were designed to! Movement fills me with joy and reminds me to celebrate the amazing things the human body can do. Feeling my heart beat in my chest during a cardio session gives me a sense of gratitude for life. Trying new strength exercises reminds me to overcome the resistances I face in life. Working on flexibility reminds me to surrender and be humble. Healing injuries through exercise shows me how amazing and adaptable our bodies ability to repair itself is.
I believe in a holistic and foundational approach to fitness, while emphasizing the exercises and formats that are enjoyable to the individual. My goal is to help the patrons I work with to fall in love with movement as I have, discover their inner strength, heal and improve their function, and appreciate their bodies for all of the amazing things they do.
If you are looking for a coach to inspire you with a fun, effective, and creative program to improve your performance, I’m your girl. If you are looking for a coach to cheer you on and remind you of your purpose, I’m your girl. If you are looking for a coach to help you heal your body through movement so you feel better, I’m your girl. Lets reach your goals together!
To schedule your personal training appointment with Sam, please call (541) 389-7665 or firstname.lastname@example.org.