Do you like to work outdoors? Feel satisfied by seeing the physical results of your efforts?
- Calling all those with desire to keep our parks beautiful.
- We are seeking motivated, friendly individuals who take pride in their work.
Why be a seasonal park maintenance worker? This position makes a big impact on the many residents and visitors who comment about how amazing Bend parks are compared to other communities.
What does it take to become a seasonal park maintenance worker?
To be a seasonal park maintenance worker, you:
- High School diploma or equivalence; AND
- One (1) year experience in park maintenance, horticulture, landscaping, or irrigation technology, or construction; OR
- Any satisfactory combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and ability to perform the above described work.
Not exactly sure if you qualify? Talk to a recruiter or read the drop-down information below.
What does a seasonal park maintenance worker do?
You’ll be all in for six months in this full-time 40 hour per week position! Work hard and play hard is the motto for the person who thrives in this job.
You’ll learn to:
- Maintain, repair and construct park facilities and outdoor areas.
- Assist with landscaping projects.
- Maintain and repair landscaped areas, including turf, trees, shrubs and irrigation.
- Operate mowers and other mid-sized motorized equipment.
- Prepare and maintains the district’s sport fields for practice and game play.
- Assists with noxious weed management.
See the full job description for more information.
What's the hiring process like?
Great question! Thanks for reviewing this open position.
Please tell us more about you! To be considered for this position, applicants must complete the online application. Applicants are asked to provide certification that they are a veteran or disabled veteran to receive veteran’s preference.
Your application and submitted responses to the supplemental questions will be the information we use for our evaluation.
Interested? Let's talk about the opportunities.
Questions? We’re here to help!
For Recruitment and Application Questions:
Our District Office hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, closed on holidays.
Bend Park and Recreation District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The District is committed to equal opportunity for all persons. It is the District’s policy to employ, retain, promote, terminate and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence. This policy shall be applied without regard to any individual’s gender, gender identity (individual’s actual gender identity, appearance, expression or behavior differs from that traditionally associated with the individual’s sex at birth, or is transitioning gender), sexual orientation, race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, or physical or mental disability or which, with reasonable accommodation, does not prevent the employee from adequately performing the essential functions of the position, or any other status protected by the law unless based on a bona fide occupational qualification.