PUBLIC HEALTH ALERT: Recreation programs and activitiesMost programs are canceled for December 1 - 19 with the exception of childcare programs, Pavillion registered programs and virtual classes. Some recreation programs and activities for January and forward may be available for registration. Click on the registration tab for up-to-date information and availability. Bend Park and Recreation District follows the regulations and guidance of the Oregon Health Authority for all activities including:
- Maintaining six feet of distancing from others at all times.
- Limiting gathering sizes and keeping small groups consistent for the duration of the program.
- Minimizing sharing equipment and player/participant contact.
- Frequent hand washing or sanitizing by staff and participants.
- Additional cleaning and sanitation processes daily and more frequently at times.
- Use of face coverings – required indoors for staff and participants ages 5 and up. Outdoors, adults and children ages 5 and up need face coverings on if physical distancing cannot be maintained. Staff are required to wear face coverings outdoors at all times.
- Health screening for some programs.
The district provides recreation for people of all abilities. We provide a wide variety of program options that offer opportunities for our participants to engage in activities that promote socialization, skill development, and physical activity.