Public Health Advisory
COVID-19 Operations for High/Orange Risk Level:
Parks and trails remain open.
Juniper Swim & Fitness Center: Open – swim reservations needed. Dry fitness activities temporarily closed.
Larkspur Community Center: Open – reservation only. Senior social activities closed.
The Pavilion: Closed for ice season. Roller begins April 12.
The Art Station: Open – registration needed.
Other facilities/offices: Closed.
Recreation programs offered.
Childcare and virtual classes continue.
Tuesday, May 18
5:30PM - 8:30PM
Spring programs now open for registration.
View programs online.
PUBLIC HEALTH ALERT: For all BPRD parks and trails
The parks and trails are calling and you want to play. It’s okay; you can with a few reminders:
Geocaching in Parks and Trails
Geocaching is a treasure hunt-like recreational activity that involves navigation by GPS to find hidden containers known as geocaches. Bend Park and Recreation District encourages this family-friendly way to enjoy the outdoors, as it’s a great way to get outside and be active.
In order to limit the impacts to natural resources within the parks, the District has created guidelines for geocaching in the parks.
Caches & Placement
Virtual caches: Including EarthCaches and Waymarking, are preferred and permitted at all parks.
Traditional caches: (Physical) caches are not allowed in the Riley Ranch Nature Reserve. Traditional caches are permitted when adhering to the following placement guidelines:
- Caches may not affect natural, cultural and historical resources, visitor safety or other park users.
- When in natural areas or undeveloped parks, caches may not be placed more than 5 feet from a designated trail.
- Caches may not be permanently attached (glued, bolted, or screwed) to any historic structure, monument, archaeological, natural or geologic feature.
- Caches are not allowed within riparian areas, on steep grades or at any other location where natural area damage is likely.
- Caches may not be buried, nor may vegetation, rocks or other features be marked or damaged in the process of placing, accessing or maintaining the cache.
- Physical caches are not permitted inside any Park facility or structure.
- Follow ‘Leave No Trace’ principles.