Bend Senior Center Summer Closure
May 26 – June 2: Senior Center patrons may use their pass at Juniper Swim & Fitness Center.
June 3 – 14: Senior Center fitness classes held at The Pavilion and District Office.
Discover the Outdoors:
Connecting Youth with the Outdoors
While many Bend residents enjoy easy outdoor recreation access, there are unseen barriers to the outdoors for some people in our community. Learn how BPRD is reducing barriers and developing appreciation of the outdoors for more residents by utilizing recreation scholarships, bilingual staff and grant help from the Children’s Forest of Central Oregon and the U.S. Forest Service. Learn more.
Thursday, July 04
10:00AM - 4:00PM
Thursday, July 04
11:00AM - 4:00PM
Geocaching in Parks and Trails
Geocaching is a treasure hunt-like recreational activity that involves navigation by GPS to find hidden containers known as geocaches. Bend Park and Recreation District encourages this family-friendly way to enjoy the outdoors, as it’s a great way to get outside and be active.
In order to limit the impacts to natural resources within the parks, the District has created guidelines for geocaching in the parks.
Caches & Placement
Virtual caches: Including EarthCaches and Waymarking, are preferred and permitted at all parks.
Traditional caches: (Physical) caches are not allowed in the Riley Ranch Nature Reserve. Traditional caches are permitted when adhering to the following placement guidelines:
- Caches may not affect natural, cultural and historical resources, visitor safety or other park users.
- When in natural areas or undeveloped parks, caches may not be placed more than 5 feet from a designated trail.
- Caches may not be permanently attached (glued, bolted, or screwed) to any historic structure, monument, archaeological, natural or geologic feature.
- Caches are not allowed within riparian areas, on steep grades or at any other location where natural area damage is likely.
- Caches may not be buried, nor may vegetation, rocks or other features be marked or damaged in the process of placing, accessing or maintaining the cache.
- Physical caches are not permitted inside any Park facility or structure.
- Follow ‘Leave No Trace’ principles.