The district’s Board of Directors is responsible for developing district goals and setting policy.
- The board meets on the first and third Tuesday of each month, unless otherwise noted. See schedule below.
- The board generally meets in a work session at 5:30 p.m. followed by a regular business meeting at 7 p.m. All work sessions and regular meetings are open to the public, virtually, until pandemic conditions change.
- To support Governor Brown’s recommendation for physical distancing, the Board of Directors chose to conduct meetings by video and conference call only during the pandemic.
- Board meetings are held virtually with a recorded live stream, which is available via Bend Park and Recreation Facebook page. Virtual meetings are designated as “Virtual Board Meetings” in the schedule below. View the live stream and/or recorded video available via Bend Park and Recreation Facebook page.
- When in-person board meetings are able to resume, board meetings will be held at the District Office, 799 SW Columbia St. Members of the community are welcome to attend and to provide in-person public comment.
Work sessions are scheduled for the Board to receive and discuss information regarding district operations, projects and planning to aid in their decision-making process. The Board conducts its business during regular meetings to receive information and take action on district operations such as approving contracts, agreements, policies and procedures.