System Development Charges (SDCs) are fees paid by developers on new homes and overnight visitor accomodations to help fund the purchase of land and construction of new parks, trails and recreation facilities.
These fees ensure that as new residents and visitors are added to our community, everyone can enjoy the same recreational opportunities that the existing community has come to value.
In a place like Bend where population grows quickly, keeping up with that growth is important. Without SDCs, funds would not be available to build new parks or trails. The SDC fees are reviewed each year and adjusted based on an index of current land and construction costs.
- SDC Rates (July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024)
- Ordinance No. 12 – System Development Charge Methodology
- SDC Methodology Report
- SDC Capital Project List (as amended on 10-6-20)
- 2019 SDC Waiver for Affordable Housing
- 2022 SDC Waiver for Additional Affordable Housing
- Clarifying the Time of SDC Collection
If you have any questions about the district’s SDC’s, please contact: