Tournaments and Sports Fields Rentals
Sports field users are required to have a reservation for practicing, playing contests, conducting drills, camps or other programmed activities. Reservations provide exclusive and priority use of District athletic fields.
Please review the Field Use Guidelines for rules and regulations of athletic field use, scheduling prioritization, billing cancellation and refunds, and other important information. It is the user’s responsibility to know and adhere to the rules and regulations outlined along with general park rules and regulations.
For a list of athletic facilities available to rent from March 1 through November 1, please review our Athletic Field Inventory.
Here are our primary sports field rentals:
The District takes field reservation requests beginning December 1.
- Non-tournament reservation requests must be submitted at least two weeks in advance of reservation date(s). Requests received with less notice may not be accommodated.
- Athletic tournament reservation requests must be submitted by December 31. Late requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis depending upon remaining availability of fields.
Step-by-Step Guide to Athletic Field Reservations
Step #1 -- Athletic Field Reservation Request
Prior to completing a reservation form, if you would like to check field availability, please contact:
Submit completed Reservation Request Form via email to beckyY@bendparksandrec.org or by mail to Bend Park & Recreation District, Attention: Becky Young, 799 SW Columbia St., Bend, OR 97702.
Once submitted, user will be notified by the District to determine availability and to coordinate reservation details. Athletic tournaments are required to complete and submit a logistics plan, as well as schedule pre-tournament and post-tournament meetings with the District at least 30 days prior to the tournament date. These meetings can be held over the phone or via email. See Athletic Tournament Logistics Plan for additional information.
Step #2 -- Down payment to secure reservation
Pay $250 down payment to secure your field reservation. If the rental rate is less than $250, full payment is due at time of reservation. Please see the Field Use Fees for more information regarding rental rates and additional services available.
Step #3 -- Return reservation permit
Sign and return the Athletic Field Reservation Permit to the District. Once the deposit is received and details of the reservation have been coordinated, the user will receive an unsigned copy of the Athletic Field Reservation Permit. This must be signed and returned to the District.
Reservations are not confirmed until the user or organization has returned the signed Athletic Field Reservation Permit to the District.
Step #4 -- Pay remaining rental fee and turn in liability insurance
Pay remaining balance of the rental fee 30 days prior to the reservation date (this does not include additional services). Users will be billed based on reserved field space (not actual used space). In the event reserved fields are not being used, it is the responsibility of the user to contact the District to release unused fields so they may be reassigned.
- For non-tournament reservations, fee adjustments and refunds are readily granted if the District is notified 7 days prior to the reservation date.
- For tournaments, fee adjustments and refunds are readily granted if the District is notified 30 days prior to the reservation date.
- Turn in certificate of liability insurance. Please see Liability Insurance Requirements for information.
Step #5 -- Pay final invoice amount
Pay final invoice amount. A final invoice will be issued at the conclusion of the reservation and will include the remaining amount of rental fees, any changes to original reservation request and any additional fees accrued. Final payment is due within two weeks of the invoice date. Failure to comply with billing procedures may jeopardize current and/or future field reservations.
Liability Insurance Requirements
All users and organizations to whom use has been granted via the reservation process must agree in writing to hold the Bend Park & Recreation District harmless and free from all liability of any kind resulting from the use of District fields and facilities.
A Certificate of Insurance and Additionally Insured Endorsement page must be submitted to the District 30 days prior to the reservation providing proof of the following coverage:
- Public liability and property damage insurance in an amount no less than $2,000,000 per occurrence.
- Bend Park & Recreation District named as additionally insured.
Every Certificate of Insurance should have the following minimum information:
- Named insured
- Insurance company
- Policy number
- Date(s) of coverage
- Limits of liability
- Type of event
- Type of activity and location of event
- Issuance date of Certificate (should be no more than thirty (30) days prior to event)
- Cancellation insurance clause providing the District with thirty (30) days written notice
For additional information see the Insurance Information Packet which includes samples of acceptable coverage.
Once you have reviewed the information above and if you have questions, please contact: