Thank you for your interest in a Bend Park & Recreation facility for your event. Defined below is general information of the space, rates and steps to making a reservation.
Address & Map
1235 NE Jones Rd, Bend, OR 97701
The historic Hollinshead Barn is an intimate setting for suitable for meetings, corporate retreats, family gatherings and small weddings with less than 110 people. The former homestead operated from 1939-1983 and is located in 16.5 acre Hollinshead Park. The barn is surrounded by open pastures and orchard-like groves of trees. This multi-use park has a large community garden, off leash dog park and natural areas.
The country-like setting of the barn is an ideal event location and is located just minutes from downtown Bend. The renovated barn has gorgeous hardwood interior and two stories to accommodate your event. The first floor includes a small kitchen, restrooms, coat closet, telephone and elevator access. French doors open to exterior patios in the front and back. In the back of facility, there is a large propane barbecue and benches. The outdoor space and event lawn is a dedicated, fenced in area and gives you privacy for your guests and event.
The second floor has high, vaulted ceilings which are great for acoustical music. There is a sink with a small counter area and handicap elevator access. A great place for getting ready before the wedding or dancing later on in the evening.
1st floor Length – 32’ Width – 38’ Ceiling Height- 12′ Total sq. ft. – 1216′
2nd floor Length – 32’ Width – 38’ Ceiling Height – Vaulted Total sq. ft. – 1216′
Capacity and Furniture
• For events using only the interior spaces, capacity on the main floor is 55 with reception-style setup with tables and chairs OR 120 people in theatre-style seating with chairs only. Upstairs, has a maximum of 49 people regardless of setup due to fire code.
• There are 120 chairs and 16 banquet tables (8 x 2.5 ft.) which are included in the rental and stored onsite. Tables and chairs are located on each floor.
• Renters are responsible for set-up and takedown of chairs and tables. Visitors are expected to return the facility to pre-event layout and cleanliness standards.
• Renters can bring their own AV equipment to use in the space during the rental time.
Availability and Hours
• Weekdays: Monday through Thursday 7:00 am – 10:00 pm
• Weekends: Friday, Saturday and Sunday 9:00 am – 10:00 pm
• Due to neighborhood and noise ordinances, the building must be vacated by 11:00 pm.
• Hollinshead Barn reservations can be made up to 18 months in advance.
Food and Beverage
• BPRD does not provide supplies including utensils, coffee, and other meeting materials.
• Renters supply their own dishes, cups, napkins and utensils. We encourage the use of recycled and sustainable products.
• Renters are welcome to have their meeting or event catered by the business of their choice.
• Alcohol may be served and require the following:
– An alcohol permit issued by BPRD on behalf of the City of Bend
– A certificate of $2 million general liability insurance per occurrence. This is generally a supplemental insurance policy to a privately insured person.
– Adherence to OLCC and City of Bend regulations.
Small Kitchen amenities include: household size refrigerator, microwave and 4-burner electric stove and oven. A large propane barbecue (2’x 5’cooking area) is located outside on the patio.
BPRD reserves the right to deny reservations. Events or reservations that conflict with the Bend Park & Recreation District mission or values may be denied.
To arrange for a personalized tour of the space, please contact customer service at (541) 389-7275. We can meet you at the location and walk through the space and answer any of your questions to plan your perfect event.
To compare cost of this facility with other BPRD rental facilities, click here.
Fees, Deposits and Insurance
1. A payment of $250 per daily use is due at the time of reservation. This will be applied toward the rental fee.
2. The balance of rental fee is due 30 days prior to the event. If a reservation is made less than 30 days before the event, payment for the deposit and rental are due at the time of reservation.
3. If you need to cancel, refunds will be issued as follows:
– Full refund: Notice of cancellation is 6-12 months prior to the event;
– Half refund: Notice of cancellation is 3-6 months prior to the event;
– No refund: Cancellation less than 3 months prior to the event.
4. A security cleaning deposit of $500 is required 30 days before your event. The deposit is fully reimbursable if the facility and BPRD rules and regulations are followed. If damage occurs in excess of the deposit, the renter agrees to reimburse the district for all repairs. Failure to reimburse the district for loss or damage will result in forfeiture of future rental rights.
5. Security cleaning deposits will be refunded following the event when keys are returned, the facility is cleaned to specifications set by the district and no damage is done to the facility or surrounding grounds.
Reservations may be made by people 18 and over unless alcohol is being served and then you must be 21 years of age. The person completing the rental application must be present during the entire rental period. Renters of BPRD facilities are legally responsible for activities in and around the facility during use, including damage to the facilities or injury to participants. Renters must provide a certificate of $2 million general liability insurance per occurrence. If alcohol is going to be served, renters must obtain an alcohol permit issued by BPRD on behalf of the City of Bend Police and provide an additional rider on the insurance certificate.
Steps to Making a Reservation:
Note: Hollishead Barn reservations can be made up to 18 months in advance.
1. Look at the rental calendar to determine availability. Click here
2. Click on the date you are requesting.
3. Sign in or create an account.
4. Complete the request form. Facility and date will be selected, please enter begin & end times, headcount, purpose and special comments. Please include contact numbers and the best time to call in the special comments.
5. Click on Submit Your Request. You can print a copy if desired. NOTE: This does NOT confirm your reservation.
6. Customer service will contact you within 48 hours and confirm the reservation. You will secure your rental by making a payment of $250.
Set Up, Decorations and Floor Care
• Items may be attached to the wall with blue painters tape only. Please do not use staples, nails or tacks on wood surfaces, walls or floors.
• Please do not slide tables across floors as it may cause scratches on tile or hardwood.
• Visitors are expected to return the facility to pre-event layout and cleanliness standards. A check-off list defining cleaning expectations will be provided at the time of final payment or key pick up. Cleaning supplies are available onsite.
• All rental items (catering, decorations, event supplies, etc.) must be out of the facility at the end of the event. Catering supplies may be left outside the building for early morning pick up by a caterer.
Tents and Canopies
• Tents and canopies may be set up on the patio and/or adjacent lawn must be anchored by water barrels or sand bags. Please do not insert stakes in the ground without prior irrigation located.
• Please make arrangements for irrigation locations by a park and recreation employee, call the district office (541) 389-7275 one week prior to your event.
Parking and Accessibility
• The parking lot is shared by park, trail and facility users. Renters may not deny access to the public parking lots or the park. The remaining space near the facility is a loading zone and fire/emergency zone and must not be used for event parking. Vehicles must not be driven on park land without a special permit.
• Please respect appropriate handicapped parking spots and designated fire lane.
• Access to the facility is paved and the restrooms are handicap accessible.
• Candles – Battery operated candles are encouraged. Candles or flaming producing devices are not allowed on the premises with the exception of Sterno fuel containers when used to heat catering dishes and only when the table or countertop is protected from heat or flame.
• Garbage and Recycling – Garbage and recycling service is provided. Debris and recycling must be removed from the facility and placed in dumpsters and/or recycling containers provided on site.
• Amplified Sound and Noise – Music may be played inside the building only so to respect the surrounding neighbors and area. Music may be restricted should it conflict with other park or area reservations or building use.
• Tobacco – Bend Park & Recreation parks and facilities are tobacco-free. Tobacco products of any kind are not allowed in the facility or park.
• Animals – Except for service animals, animals are prohibited in the facility except by special permit.
If you have further questions, please call the customer service staff at any of our locations:
District Office: (541) 389-7275
Juniper Swim & Fitness Center: (541) 389-7665
Bend Senior Center: (541) 388-1133