Bend Senior Center
1600 SE Reed Market Road
Bend, OR 97702
ph. (541) 388-1133
Inspiring learning, health and wellness for active older adults.
Monday-Thursday 7:30 am - 7:00 pm
Friday 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Special Hours & Closures:
May 25 Memorial Day - CLOSED
July 4 Independence Day - CLOSED
August 28-30 CLOSED
A gathering place and center of activities for persons 50 years and better, the Bend Senior Center is owned and operated by the Bend Park & Recreation District. A focal point for our community, the center activities and programs are designed to promote active healthy lifestyles through health, education, recreation, socialization and volunteer opportunities. Open to all ages after 4:30 pm.
Senior Center Construction Project
Pardon our dust ! The Bend Senior Center will undergo modest remodeling beginning Monday, May 4th. The work is anticipated to be completed by the end of June.
During construction, the health room, computer lab, card area and fitness center will be closed to all activities. During the project, you may use your pass at Juniper Swim & Fitness Center to access the facility's fitness center. With the exception of billiards, all programs will be held as scheduled. You can expect some activities to be relocated to other areas of the building. We will minimize the impact of the construction as best as we can.
The project will include:
- a newly expanded fitness center with both new and existing equipment set up in what is now the library.
- a major facelift for the current card/billiard area with a new ceiling, carpet, lighting and paint to become a repurposed space for cards and lounge space.
- new tables, chairs and lobby furniture.
- repurposing the present fitness room to a classroom space.
- painting the interior of the building.
- new window coverings.
- relocating the library to the lobby.
- moving the billiards tables into an updated space which was previously the health room/computer room.
If you have any questions, please feel free to talk to Sue Boettner, Bend Senior Center Manager at (541) 706-6231 or email@example.com.
Reed Market Road Construction
Construction is currently between 3rd and 15th streets on Reed Market Road to install sewer lines and perform road improvements. Vehicles will be able to travel eastbound but westbound traffic will be detoured onto 9th street to Wilson Avenue. Please allow for extra travel time when coming to the Senior Center due to the construction.
- Public & Alternative Transportation: Bike racks are available at the facility and you can get to the center via the Larkspur Trail as well as other area trails and bike routes. For public transportation, use Cascade East Transit route # 5-6.
Let us know how we're doing:
Take the Bend Senior Center survey. To begin, click here: Facility Survey
Programs, Classes & Activities:
Summer 2015 recreation registration is now open for June through September.
- Note: Therapeutic Recreation registration begins April 27th at 9:00 am.
- Click here to preview Summer "Playbook." (Note: 5 MB pdf file)
- Click here to review programs and register online.
Facility Rentals: Evenings, Saturdays and Sundays, the facility is available for community rentals such as weddings, meetings, receptions and other events. Click on Facility Rental for more information.