Welcome to the Bend Whitewater Park. Located in the Deschutes River near the Old Mill District in Bend, Oregon, this in-water amenity offers a variety of river recreation opportunities including tubing, kayaking, and surfing.
The park is made up of three distinctly different channels:
- Passageway Channel – The Passageway is the perfect option for those who want to add a little rapids adventure to their float. For those who want to keep it mellow or who have children as part of the group, exit the river and walk to McKay Park to re-enter the river. Learn more about the Passageway Channel.
- Whitewater Channel – Are you a whitewater kayaker, surfer or paddleboarder? The Whitewater Channel is your destination. This center channel of the park has four wave features for emerging to expert whitewater enthusiasts. Learn more about the Whitewater Channel.
- Habitat Channel – The third channel of the park exists to protect and enhance river health and provide habitat to important local and migratory wildlife. There is no public access (by people or pets) to this ecologically sensitive area.
Location – 166 SW Shevlin Hixon Rd
The Bend Whitewater Park is located in the heart of Bend in the Deschutes River north of the Colorado Avenue Bridge. Viewing is available on the pedestrian bridge and on the east side of the river and at McKay Park.
Parking & River Shuttle Service
Parking for the Bend Whitewater Park is available on public streets or at Miller’s Landing Park.
1. Jason's: Mellow beginner surf wave with pile. Good for SUP's!
2. Kricket's: Low energy freestyle pocket, green center.
3. Green Wave: Green roller, shortboard special!
4. Eddy's: Powerful wave hole with wide center pocket.
5. Ankle biter: Mellow crumbler.
-- Approximate flow and water temperature at BWP: 963 cfs, 52.3 degrees F