As the Bend community grows, it’s important that Bend Park and Recreation has the proper staffing to continue serving the community with exceptional park and recreation services. To achieve this goal, we recruit throughout the year for certain key positions.
These key positions help ensure we’re providing safe, accessible and well-maintained spaces for our patrons to recreate, gather, explore the outdoors and have fun.
In return, our employees improve their professional skillsets, make connections with our community and gain valuable knowledge to use both in professional and personal life.
Want a fun job with rewarding results?
- Our swim instructors find their work highly rewarding and thrive on knowing that they are making a positive impact on the individuals that they teach every day.
- They love seeing the progress that their students make in the water.
- Everyone starts somewhere with a new skill and a swim instructor plays a big role for new swimmers of all ages.
Our swim instructors make a difference in lifelong safety by teaching community members to swim. And they get a chance to be physically active while also growing skills in others.
See the Swim Instructor webpage for more information.
Calling all aquatic lovers and swimming fans! Join BPRD as a lifeguard to gain valuable risk management skills, help provide a safe facility for water patrons, and give back to the community! No experience is needed – just basic swimming skills and a passion to learn. And, you’ll be paid to attend free training and certification.
- You’ll learn aquatic safety, first aid and basic life support, and we’ll train you to feel confident in your role.
- You’ll leave work knowing that what you do matters and makes the community more safe.
See the Lifeguard position webpage for more information.
- Bend Park and Recreation District is the largest childcare provider of school-age kids in Central Oregon.
- From September to June, our Kids Inc. program serves families with high-quality afterschool and no school day care.
- During summers, the Youth Recreation team offers fun camp programs.
- Bonus! College scholarships for OSU-Cascades and COCC may be available with employment.
As a Youth Recreation Leader, you will interact with youth through developmentally-appropriate crafts, games, and other planned activities.
See the Youth Recreation Leader webpage for more information.
- A successful day starts with preparation and a well-functioning space has a big impact.
- Serving as a custodian means setting up patrons and colleagues for success by helping keep clean and welcoming spaces.
If you like to work on your own or with a small group of colleagues with minimal distractions, consider being a custodian. You get a behind-the-scenes view of recreation facilities, parks and office spaces that few experience, and you set the bar for high-quality cleanliness and safety standards.
See the Custodian position webpage for more information.
Do you like to work outdoors? Feel satisfied by seeing the physical results of your efforts?
- Calling all those with desire to keep our parks beautiful.
- We are seeking motivated, friendly individuals who take pride in their work.
Why be a seasonal park maintenance worker? This position makes a big impact on the many residents and visitors who comment about how amazing Bend parks are compared to other communities.
See the Landscaping and Facility Maintenance webpage for more information.
Bend Park and Recreation District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The District is committed to equal opportunity for all persons. It is the District’s policy to employ, retain, promote, terminate and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence.
This policy shall be applied without regard to any individual’s gender, gender identity (individual’s actual gender identity, appearance, expression or behavior differs from that traditionally associated with the individual’s sex at birth, or is transitioning gender), sexual orientation, race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, or physical or mental disability or which, with reasonable accommodation, does not prevent the employee from adequately performing the essential functions of the position, or any other status protected by the law unless based on a bona fide occupational qualification.