Juniper Swim & Fitness Center and Bend Senior Center are temporarily closed.
- Fitness classes and activities require advanced reservation.
- You may reserve a class up to 7 days in advance.
- Reservations remain open until 15 minutes prior to session start time – based on availability.
- You may arrive to class up to 10 minutes early.
- Spaces are cleaned after each session, with two deep cleanings daily.
- Come ready to work out – showers not available.
- Limit personal belongings – lockers/storage not available.
- Expect to depart promptly afterward. No lobby seating or common areas available.
- Bring your own towel, mat and filled water bottle.
- Bottle fill stations available, but water fountains and for-purchase beverages not available.
- If you like, bring a block and strap for yoga.
All visitors 5 years and older entering Juniper Swim & Fitness Center must wear a face covering. The face covering must be worn at all times and in all indoor spaces, including the covered 50-meter, Olympic pool area – except when swimming or if a medical condition or disability prevents a person from wearing a face covering.
Face coverings are required when exercising indoors. While patrons may choose to wear face shields for fitness classes, cloth face coverings are strongly recommended by Oregon Health Authority. Clear face shields are strongly recommended for water exercise class.
Face Covering Non-Compliance and Exclusions
Both your mouth and nose must be covered at all times except when swimming or water exercise. If there is non-compliance, staff will provide a reminder, a warning and then exclusion for the day. This is for everyone’s health and safety. Thank you for wearing your face covering properly.
Fitness Center sessions are available throughout the day with cleaning transition between sessions. Group fitness center classes also available for individual reservation. Fitness Center equipment arranged to exceed physical distancing standards with weights moved to the Fit Studio and Cardio machines have been spaced out and will be rotated in and out of service.
If you have registered for a class/lap swim/workout on your own session, you are welcome to use the Fitness Center before or after your scheduled activity at no additional fee if space is available. The Fitness Center is open during all hours except for a midday cleaning closure from 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Use of the Fitness Center is available via drop-in or reservations. A few details to know:
- Advanced reservation is encouraged to ensure your space at a preferred time; however, drop-in use will be accommodated if space is available.
- Credit or debit cards are preferred forms of payment for drop-in fee; however, cash will be accepted.
Group Exercise Rooms & Outdoor Fitness Areas
All spaces occupancy determined while maintaining adequate physical distancing. Some group exercise rooms have individual space floor markings. One-way traffic flow minimize congestion and close contact.
In addition to indoor spaces, three outdoor fitness class areas are available, weather dependent, to expand offerings while maintaining proper distancing. If you cannot maintain 6 feet of physical distancing during your outside exercise class, a face covering must be worn.
New Cleaning Procedures
Above and beyond Juniper’s regular cleaning standards, new cleaning procedures include:
- Fitness facilities are cleaned nightly and mid-day on full days.
- Group Exercise rooms and any used equipment used will be disinfected after each class.
- The Fitness Center is cleaned between each sessions.
- Restrooms are cleaned at least twice daily and staff disinfect high touch points throughout the day.
- Air circulation systems are programmed to circulate 100% outside air during all hours of operations.
- Patrons are strongly encouraged to sanitize equipment before and after use.