4th of July Pet Parade
Sponsored by Bend Pet Express
A Community Tradition in Downtown Bend since the 1930’s – now designated as an Oregon Heritage Tradition.
Come celebrate our country’s independence on July 4th with Bend Park & Recreation!
Start out your day’s festivities at 10 am with the Pet Parade through downtown Bend then follow up with the Old Fashioned July 4th Festival in Drake Park from 11:00 am – 4:00 pm.
- Kids of all ages are invited to participate. Come dressed in costume with your pet or stuffed animal on pulled wagons, floats, bikes or trikes.
- Kids will receive a keepsake and popsicle.
- No registration necessary. Lineup is downtown on Wall Street next to the School Administration building.
- Pet must be leashed – you are responsible for your pet. No rabbits, cats or aggressive dogs.
- Please do not give away animals.
- No solicitation, commercial floats, banners, motorized vehicles, motorcycles or distribution on anything to spectators.
Parade Schedule, Lineup & Route:
The parade begins promptly at 10:00 am. The decorating party and lineup begin at 9:00 a.m. on Wall Street in front of the Bend-La Pine School Education Center, 520 NW Wall St. Bring leashed pet (sorry, no rabbits, cats or aggressive dogs) or favorite stuffed animal, plenty of water, pet clean-up bags and your bike, trike or wagon. BPRD will provide decorations, keepsake buttons and popsicles for the kids. Commercial signage, floats, solicitation, motorized vehicles and distribution of anything to spectators are prohibited. Horses and other large animals, please line up at Wall Street and Idaho by the Boys & Girls Club. Equestrians – wear your helmet.
Downtown road closures take place from 8:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Alternative transportation is encouraged and there will be a free bike valet area in Drake Park near the permanent restrooms. Riverside Blvd. will be closed from 6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. If you must drive, free weekend parking is available in the parking garage on Lava Street or on-street near Harmon Park. Participants and spectators may not park on the parade route.
ADA spectator areas are located on Wall, Lava and Minnesota streets. Parking is recommended in the City of Bend Parking Garage.
July 4th Old Fashioned Festival – Drake Park
Pancake Breakfast: 8:00 – 11:00 am
Presented by the Sunrise Lions Club
Live Music & Entertainment – Pavilion Main Stage: 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Presented by Northwest Community Credit Union
- 11:00 am National Anthem
- 11:10 am Smokey the Bear & Friends
- 11:30 am – 1:00 pm Broken Down Guitars
- 1:00 – 2:00 pm Pie Eating Contest
- 2:00 – 3:30 pm Silvertone Devils
Old Fashioned Games: 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
Sponsored by Bigfoot Beverages
3-Legged Race, Gunny Sack Race, Parachute Play, Hula Hoop Contest, Ball Relays, Water Balloon Toss, Sponge Relay, Watermelon Eating Contest
Kids & Family Fun Area: 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
Presented by Bend Parks and Recreation District
- The Fish Fling – presented by Hydro Flask
- Flush-a-Duck – presented by Brown & Brown Northwest Insurance
- Helicopter Landing at 11:30 a.m. in Harmon Park – presented by AirLink
And fun and games with The Bend Fire Department, Deschutes National Forest, The Humane Society of Central Oregon, & more!