Class Title: Recreation 1
Class Code: REC 1Hourly: $17.85 - $21.06 | Monthly: $3093.94 - $3650.84 | Annually: $37127.28 - $43810.19
Benefits: Part-time, benefited | Part-time, non-benefited | Seasonal
This classification is responsible for facilitating and monitoring public use of recreation facilities and/or assisting with programs, ensuring safe and enjoyable experiences.
The Recreation 1 is distinguished from the Recreation 2 as the Recreation 2 is responsible for providing instruction and direct leadership for an activity, whereas, the Recreation 1 is generally responsible for monitoring and/or assisting with leading an activity.
Works under the general supervision of a supervisor. Receives ongoing and specific direction from lead and supervisory staff. Carries out work with some independence, but work and decisions are typically reviewed prior to final execution.
Supervision is not a responsibility of this position.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
The information provided below encompasses the typical duties and capabilities linked with this classification. Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supervises patrons in District facilities and programs; helps provide for their safety and enjoyment.
- Facilitates and implements casual recreational activities.
- May assist with instructional classes and/or lead basic instructional classes with close supervision.
- Communicates effectively with the public including providing accurate information related to work assignment and responding to patron and parent questions and concerns.
- Sets-up and breaks-down equipment and facilities.
- Maintains the cleanliness of facilities and equipment.
- Responds to accidents and incidents according to procedure.
- Acts as a Mandatory Reporter; reports incidents of child abuse/neglect.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
The individual in this classification is expected to possess and exhibit the following knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Strong Knowledge of:
- Typical recreation activities associated with assignment
- General safety precautions associated with assignment
Skill and Ability to:
- Effectively follow-through on directions given for specific assignment;
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic;
- Provide for the safety others;
- Work with some independence while also able to work cooperatively with others;
- Interact effectively with a variety of patrons/participants;
- Communicate effectively, tactfully, and pleasantly with the public and others; and
- Establish and maintain positive, respectful and cooperative working relationships with all contacts.
The following minimum qualifications for this classification.
Education, Experience and Training:
- High School Diploma or equivalent or currently attending high school.
- Any satisfactory combination of education, experience and training.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Some positions may require CPR/First Aide certification to be provided through on-the-job training.
- Lifeguard positions require certification to be provided through on-the-job training.
The following are working conditions, including environmental and physical demands, required for this classification.
- Depending on job assignment, duties may be performed either indoors or outdoors, which may include exposure to environmental conditions such as extreme temperatures.
- Work schedule is varied and may require evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to walk and stand for sustained periods of time with frequent climbing, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, bending, and twisting.
- The flow of work and character of duties involve normal mental and visual attention much or all of the time.
- Physical exertion includes frequent walking, bending, and the ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds unassisted, pushing, pulling, and kneeling in order to deliver equipment and supplies and set-up and break-down equipment and facilities.
- Exposure to large crowds, uncooperative or difficult individuals, exposure to illness, and periods of continuous demand.
WORKING JOB TITLES:
Child Care Attendant
Benefits: Part-time, benefited | Part-time, non-benefited | SeasonalCurrent Job Opportunities