Class Title: Customer Service Specialist 3
Class Code: CUST SVC SPEC 3Hourly: $22.42 - $29.6 | Monthly: $3887.54 - $5130.93 | Annually: $46650.56 - $61571.19
This classification is responsible for assisting and providing leadership support to the customer service team and assisting the Customer Service Supervisor with administrative duties. Performs Customer Service 2 duties including reception, customer transactions, cash handling, and general office assistance.
The Customer Service Specialist 3 is distinguished from the Customer Service Specialist 2 as the Customer Service Specialist 3 provides lead direction and leadership to the Customer Service Specialist 2 and assists the Supervisor with more complex tasks.
Works under the general supervision of the Supervisor who assigns work. Follows standard processes and procedures without supervision but confirms changes to standard practices and significant decisions in advance.
In assisting the Customer Service Supervisor in supervising staff, provides limited direction and leadership, which may include directing and assigning work, adjusting work schedules, training, coaching and providing input into evaluating performance.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
The information provided below encompasses the typical duties and capabilities linked with this classification. Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Serves as customer service team shift lead, directing and supporting customer service staff and ensuring and customer service standards and operating procedures are consistently maintained.
- Conducts daily deposits; reconciles researches and adjusts discrepancies;
- Approves and processes refunds, credits and transfers and other non-regular transactions.
- Assists with initial and on-going training and mentoring of Customer Service Specialist 1 and 2 staff, prioritizes and assigns tasks to efficiently complete work; gives direction to staff concerning work procedures and performance standards; reviews the accuracy, quality and quantity of work; provides feedback to employees and supervisor.
- Assists the supervisor with a variety of administrative functions including updating processes and procedures, reviewing and approving scholarship and donation applications, leading concession operations, processing billings, handling collections, creating reports, etc.
- Assists supervisor and others with entering, reviewing and updating information in registration system and related materials, helping to ensure accuracy, consistency and completeness.,
- Fulfills all of the functions of a Customer Service Specialist 2, role modeling exemplary customer service and performance.
- Maintains safety, cleanliness and organization of work area and surrounding lobby area.
- Performs emergency support as directed in emergency action plan.
- Acts as a Mandatory Reporter; reports incidents of child abuse/neglect.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
The individual in this classification is expected to possess and exhibit the following knowledge, skills and abilities.
Strong Knowledge of:
- Effective training techniques;
- Customer service standards;
- Cashier and money handling procedures;
- General office practices;
- Multi-line telephone systems; and
- Basic math, spelling, English and grammar.
Skill and Ability to:
- Exercise strong initiative and significant independent decision making;
- Demonstrate strong leadership, organizational planning and problem-solving skills;
- Effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing, including by phone, e-mail, or in person;
- Communicate effectively, tactfully, and pleasantly with the public and all contacts;
- Maintain confidentiality;
- Work effectively with frequent interruptions;
- Work independently while also able to work cooperatively with others;
- Navigate difficult conversations or conversations with upset people while keeping rapport;
- Efficiently use specialized software application and operate a variety of office equipment, including computer, phone system, and copy machine; and
- Create a positive, constructive, and respectful relationship with staff and the general public.
The following are minimum qualifications for this classification.
Education, Experience, and Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent; two (2) years of college coursework preferred; AND
- Two (2) years of front-line customer service experience and prefer at least one (1) year of team lead experience; OR
- Any satisfactory combination of education, experience and training.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Possession of, or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire, a valid Oregon driver’s license.
The following are working conditions, including environmental and physical demands, required for this classification.
- Duties are primarily performed in a public reception environment.
- Ability to frequently work weekends and evenings.
- Remain in a stationary position (sitting or standing) for extended periods of time, move about the office occasionally.
- Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to maintain sustained concentration on computer screens; use keyboards and variety of peripherals.
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other works accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Ability to work and maintain focus in a work environment with moderate noise (i.e., working around others making periodic phone calls or having conversation) and with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to have clarity of vision at 20 inches or less.
- The flow of work and character of duties involve normal mental and visual attention much or all of the time.
- Physical exertion includes the ability to lift, carry and push up to 15 pounds for books, files, manuals or boxes.
- Requires crouching, bending, kneeling or reaching to perform filing activities.
Benefits: Full-timeCurrent Job Opportunities