Riverbend Community Park is located within the Old Mill District. All events in the park are scheduled in cooperation with the Old Mill District and will require approval of both entities.
Riverbend event organizers should be aware that concerts at the Les Schwab Amphitheater may be scheduled as late as 30 days prior to an event. Pre-scheduled events at Riverbend Park do not prevent concert scheduling at the amphitheater.
- 12 ft. and 8 ft. wide hard surface pathways around two large lawn areas give vendors easy access to deliveries.
- Vendor tents set up along the turf adjacent to pathways allow for ADA accessibility.
- 50 amp electricity is available at five locations around the parameter of the two lawn areas.
- Potable water is available at the shelter.
- A 1900 sq. ft. shelter has tables for 50 people; tables may be removed for other shelter uses.
- Large delivery drop off is available on the parking side of the shelter.
- Permanent restrooms are located at the shelter.
The event season is April 15 – October 15.
Park hours are 5:00 am – 10:00 pm. The park entrance gate is locked and unlocked on this schedule too.
Riverbend Park is suitable for acoustic music only – not electrically enhanced or modified. Sound levels shall not exceed 65 decibels at the edge of the approved event area. Electric guitars, drums, large amplifiers and sound boards are prohibited.
Event organizers must adhere to City of Bend noise ordinances (Bend Code 5.50). Sound may not begin prior to 7:00 am and must end no later than 10:00 pm. This includes sound test and set up. Applications must be submitted to the City of Bend 45 days prior to the event date to allow sufficient time for notice and review.
Capacity is dependent on event features, layout, activities and traffic flow.
This park has 2.75 acres of turf area/pods available for special events.
799 SW Columbia St, Bend, OR, United States (Directions)
Riverbend Park has 120 parking spaces. Parking is shared by trail, river, building and public park users.
All street parking near the site (Columbia and Shevlin Hixon) is on private property owned by the Old Mill District. Permission to extend parking beyond the park’s capacity must be approved by the Old Mill District.
Vendors and event attendees need to be informed as to allowable parking.
Organizers will be asked to develop a parking plan as a component of their event logistics plan.
Vehicles will not be allowed on the turf without access permits from the District.
Vehicles are allowed on the hard surface/walkway in the designated event pods for loading and unloading purposes.
For more information, please contact
Public Events Coordinator
Tel: (541) 706-6220
Are dogs allowed at events?
Dogs must be leashed in all District parks and facilities except in designated off-leash areas.
Event managers may prohibit individuals from bringing animals into an area where a special event is being held. This prohibition does not apply to service animals.
Any variance from these park use conditions must be pre-approved by the Bend Park & Recreation District.
Is alcohol permitted?
If alcohol is being sold and served in Riverbend Park, the District requires the area be hard fenced and located close to the shelter away from the beach area. This is a public safety precaution for the families and kids using the beach and tubing area.
What ADA guidelines are required?
The Americans with Disability Act (ADA) is a federal civil rights law that prohibits discrimination against people with disabilities and opens doors for full participation in all aspects of everyday life. BPRD will provide guidelines that are intended to help event organizers design events to accommodate people of all abilities. This information is not intended to be an all-inclusive guide to ADA compliance. It is the responsibility of the event organizer to understand and comply with all federal regulations that pertain to the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Contact the City of Bend to determine regulations and strategies for making event accessible if your event extends beyond the park District property. (I.e. foot races)
Do you allow multiple year reservations?
Our processes are required on an annual basis. We enjoy working with repeat events as well as new events, so please refer to our step-by-step reservation information for deadlines.
How to reserve a Facility, Picnic Shelter or uncovered Picnic Area.
Perfect for your private celebration or gathering.
Are you a business renting a park? Learn about businesses in parks guidelines.
The reservation window for each rental is as follows:
- Picnic Shelters and Picnic Areas: up to 12 months in advance. Riverbend Park picnic shelter is 3 months in advance.
- Aspen Hall: up to 18 months in advance.
- Hollinshead Barn: up to 18 months in advance.
- Marcoulier Event Room: up to 12 months in advance.
- Riverbend Community Room: up to 3 months in advance.
- The Pavilion: up to 12 months in advance.
PLEASE NOTE: Requests are NOT confirmed reservations.You will be contacted after making your request. Reservations are ONLY considered confirmed when a deposit or fee is paid.
- Browse the facility rentals map and rate comparisons to find the ideal location for your event. These links will provide you with many answers to questions you may have regarding fees, location, capacity and amenities.
- Check availability by clicking on the Availability Calendar for the site you select. Select your date on the calendar and sign in or create BPRD account to fill out a request form.
- Submit a Request online. Be sure to provide as much information as possible. Requests are NOT confirmed reservations.
- You will be contacted within 48 hours of submitting your request. Our customer service staff will confirm availability and gather more information regarding your event.
- A deposit of $250 will hold and confirm your reservation for a facility or shelter rentals with 41 or more attendees. The remaining rental balance is due 30 days prior to event. When booking a picnic shelter or picnic area a full payment is required. If the reservation is made less than 30 days prior to event, the entire balance is due at the time of reservation.”
- All events held in facilities must provide a certificate showing $2 million general liability insurance per occurrence. Individuals and groups may request an alcohol permit in accordance with Park Rules that allow for exceptions to the prohibited activity. If alcohol is to be consumed in a BPRD park or trail, a permit is required. If alcohol is being served or present an additional rider on the insurance certificate is required and shelter renter must obtain an alcohol permit (issued by BPRD on behalf of the City of Bend Police) prior to the event. You can obtain an alcohol permit in person in any Bend Park & Recreation District facility.
A full refund will be readily granted if notified a week or more in advance. If notified six days or less before reservation date, BPRD will keep $25 of the reservation fee and the remainder will be refunded.
For frequently asked questions about our private event rentals, please visit our Shelter Rentals page.If you have further questions, please call the customer service staff: